Re: Missouri highways in 1958

Revive755 wrote:
There's a slight chance they were keeping 144 in reserve for the Inner
Belt around St. Louis since it's very original southern terminus was
going to be at the River des Peres/Lansdowne intersection (main
problem is that the Inner Belt was originally not going to be a state
project). Also could have been US 63 from Rolla to Jefferson City and
beyond, but I would have expected an odd 2di to be sought for that
corridor. But I would agree with Springfield, especially if there's a
dead spur freeway into downtown that I don't know about yet.

MO 360/US 60 would make a dandy I-144. Was it proposed when MO 144 was
commisssioned?