Re: The Kansas Turnpike

Premier Bush wrote:
argatlam_roads@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
And, in fact... it may no longer be there (it's been a good 16 years
since I drove the KTP), but there once WAS an exit ramp for a cattle
pen between Emporia and Andover.
The Bazaar cattle crossing (complete with ramps) is still in business.
It is in the heart of the Flint Hills length of Turnpike, about midway

How is it signed? I drove through there in 00, and remember the exit signs saying something like "Cattle Pen" or something equally vague.

As I recall it from 2007, it was just the plural of what you said: "CATTLE PENS."

--
Larry Harvilla
e-mail: larry AT phatpage DOT org

Highways section still in progress at http://www.phatpage.org/highways.html

  • Re: The Kansas Turnpike
    ... but there once WAS an exit ramp for a cattle ... The Bazaar cattle crossing is still in business. ... I drove through there in 00, ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: The Kansas Turnpike
    ... but there once WAS an exit ramp for a cattle ... It is in the heart of the Flint Hills length of Turnpike, ... saying something like "Cattle Pen" or something equally vague. ... "CATTLE PENS." ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: The Kansas Turnpike
    ... but there once WAS an exit ramp for a cattle ... The Bazaar cattle crossing is still in business. ... "CATTLE PENS." ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Cattle pens
    ... That's true but pens may have been necessary to contain the animals if it ... Without a market that is unlikely. ... six or eight cattle and three or four would service long trains of cattle ... It's his train set. ...
    (uk.rec.models.rail)
  • Re: Wife Swap hoax exposed???!!!
    ... >> To my recollection, he didn't beat anyone. ... >> tables and drove out the cattle and such. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.arts.tv)