Avalanche on US 40 Colorado
- From: "US 271" <us71@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 18:45:18 -0600
Big avalanche knocks cars off Colo. pass
By ROBERT WELLER
DENVER - A huge avalanche knocked two cars off a mountain pass Saturday on
the main highway to one of the state's largest ski areas, shortly after
crowds headed through on the way to the lifts, authorities said.
Eight people were rescued from the buried vehicles and all were taken to
area hospitals, said state Patrolman Eric Wynn. Details of their conditions
were not available.
"Our crews said it was the largest they have ever seen. It took three
paths," Stacey Stegman of the transportation department said of the massive
slide on U.S. 40 near 11,307-foot Berthoud Pass, about 50 miles west of
Denver on the way to Winter Park Resort.
- Prev by Date: Re: Inquiry about NY 42 in Sullivan/Ulster/Greene Counties NY
- Next by Date: Re: Making it official!
- Previous by thread: ADOT Unveils New Metro Phoenix Freeway Page; Williams Gateway Freeway Route # Shown
- Next by thread: Carl Rogers, you should be ASHAMED