Re: KY - Kick66, Stop Interstate 66's construction

morticide wrote:
Sherman L. Cahal wrote:
http://www.kick66.org/

I am becoming increasingly opposed to the Interstate 66 project in
Kentucky for the sheer waste that it has become. While I support a
Somerset bypass north of the city, I do not believe that KY 80 should
be bypassed, especially since it is an adequate four and two lane
highway that could be improved instead. A bypass of London, or an
improvement of the existing bypass is needed, and some new interchanges
throughout will work just as much as I-66.

Coupled with the dualization of essentially US 119, which is now
nearing completion in southeast Kentucky, I find this project to be an
extreme waste.

Yes, Kick66 is a part of the Cumberland Chapter of the Sierra Club,
however, it has many valid points. I am not agreeing with it 100%, but
overall, it is an excellent start.

Sherman Cahal
http://www.abandonedonline.com
http://www.americanbyways.com
http://www.bridgestunnels.com

Considering the planned routing of I-66 it looks a lot like the Shuster
Folly I-99 in PA in usefulness. This route, like others (3-branching
I-69, braided layout I-73 & I-74), causes suspicion that AASHTO pulled
out the route selection and numbering from between the hip pockets.

Congress simply came up with a concept for a route extension. But
thats all it was, a concept. Concepts do not equal route numbers.
While having a road that runs from Cincy to Myrtle Beach is great to
call an I-74 extension, actually demanding that it be called I-74 is
rediculous IMO.

  • Froggies 2006 Summer Vacation Day 2: The Clinching Time
    ... Noted a backup in the rightside lanes of southbound I-24/65 between ... should someone want to start a "Kentucky Ends" site. ... Given the "typical" Kentucky state route, ... a heavy amount of right-turning traffic from SB 127 to WB BYPASS ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: KY - Kick66, Stop Interstate 66s construction
    ... Kentucky for the sheer waste that it has become. ... Somerset bypass north of the city, I do not believe that KY 80 should ... Sherman Cahal ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Froggies 2006 Summer Vacation Day 2: The Clinching Time
    ... should someone want to start a "Kentucky Ends" site. ... I've driven that route once, about 15 years ago, and I remember the ... Bypass requires a right turn or a left turn at each end. ... "Somewhere south of KY 32" translates to Rockcastle County, ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • KY - Kick66, Stop Interstate 66s construction
    ... Kentucky for the sheer waste that it has become. ... Somerset bypass north of the city, I do not believe that KY 80 should ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Road Trip Report Day 2 (KY-TN-AL-MS-IN)
    ... north into Kentucky, then drive as many of the US highways in Western Kentucky ... I was surprised at the light amount of traffic on I-40 heading into Memphis as I ... In the past I have suggested US 51 as an alternative route from the central ... but I still see no need for this to be a US highway. ...
    (misc.transport.road)