Re: Terrorism Blurring on Maps

Sherman L. Cahal wrote:
Michael G. Koerner wrote:

Sherman L. Cahal wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the terrorists are that stupid they can't figure out where the White House is.

Our government takes us for being ignorants... how ironic is that.

I firmly believe that the bad guys who flew that airliner into the Pentagon were aiming for the White House, but they could not find it among the trees and other buildings on their way into the metro area. Failing that, they then circled around and went for an impromptu 'plan B' target, the south side of the easily found Pentagon.

Wasn't Flight 93 destined for the White House, the one that crashed in PA?

My best belief was that United 93 was aiming at the Capitol. Coming in from the west, it would have had a straight shot down the Mall, only having to dodge the Washington Monument. The White House is a best shot from the south, the direction that the airliner that hit the Pentagon came from.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________

  • Re: Terrorism Blurring on Maps
    ... Pan around Albany's International Airport, ... The White House is all blurred out, ... that blurring was done so the ... the south side of the easily found Pentagon. ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Pentagons SPS project moving forward
    ... the Pentagon wouldn't move forward like this without ... As if the White House had any control over its ... with the National Security Strategy statement. ... War Without Oil ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: OT: Why does the Right hate relativity?
    ... It could have been going for either the White House or the ... years claims that the circle that the Pentagon plane made before its ... The White House is easy to find from the air. ... enormous open area that's simple to spot. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Terrorism Blurring on Maps
    ... among the trees and other buildings on their way into the metro area. ... the south side of the easily found Pentagon. ... Wasn't Flight 93 destined for the White House, the one that crashed in PA? ... difficult to find a building that size and then hit it. ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: ATTENTION 9/11 Revisionist Alert
    ... the Pentagon, especially since two others had already found their targets. ... I sort of expected concealed SAM batteries on the Capitol ... If there weren't SAM batteries guarding the White House during 9-11, ... I read somewhere that the Secret Service had hand-held Stinger missiles ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)