Re: Airport cell phone parking lots

On 11 Oct 2005 01:47:37 -0700, "Larry Gross" <gross.larry@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>A "cell phone parking lot" has opened at General Mitchell International
>Airport in Milwaukee for use by drivers waiting to receive a phone call
>to pick up arriving passengers.
>
>The free parking is an incentive to cut down on the number of drivers
>who cause traffic congestion by circling the airport terminal waiting
>for travelers. It will also help conserve fuel and reduce emissions
>caused by idling vehicles, officials said.
>
>Thirty minutes of free parking is provided while drivers wait for their
>phone call. Unattended cars will be ticketed and towed, officials said.

John Wayne Airport (SNA) has a similar deal: the first 15 minutes in
any of the terminal lots is free of charge.

>The cell phone lot is made up of 15 short-term parking spaces within
>the airport's surface parking lot.

FIFTEEN spaces? That may be enough for Podunk MKE, but at a REAL
airport thoise 15 spaces would be just as congested as the terminal
driveways, which would completely defeat the purpose. Which is
undoubtedly why SNA doesn't limit the free parking to a ridiculously
paltry 15 spaces.

>If more than 30 minutes is needed, the parking fee is $2 for an
>additional half-hour, then $2 per hour after that.

What a rip! If I go over the 15 minute free period at SNA, it only
costs me $1...

  • Re: Cape Liberty
    ... The parking was easy walking distance, but they did have a shuttle. ... I know that the hotel issue has been discussed, so I know that Anne doesn't need a hotel. ... There may be some further out but in the airport vicinity there weren't any. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: Things we remember...
    ... improve your quality of life by getting rid of the goddam cell phone. ... your implication that you have to be a doctor or a plumber to ... except that I park in the parking lot at the ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: McCarran off-site waiting area?
    ... As soon as she lands she calls and I just go leave the parking lot at the gas stations on Paradise and Tropicana and head to passenger pickup. ... Another trick you can do is to go to short term parking and park as close as possible to the elevators which are next to the pedestrian crossing leaving from the terminal. ... When leaving the airport, I always take the SWENSON EXIT if your destination is to the strip or only a few miles east or west of the strip. ... Now that you live here, there are a few 'initiations' you must pass before being an official resident here, and navigating QUICKLY to and from McCarran is one of them. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Dumb question
    ... parking, or maybe he can take a taxi there and back home. ... quite expensive, I went to Florida for a week last year, and the Orange ... County airport charged me $120. ... > company that services home improvement stores by doing their assemblies. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: EWR parking
    ... parking in Newark. ... parked to the sky train station. ... I though why waste that money so I went to the economy lot. ... EWR is my home airport. ...
    (rec.travel.air)