A real tax question - NY resident collecting NJ Unemployment, weird situation

I live in New York. I'm a resident of NY. I worked in NJ till Nov.
2008. Got laid off and have been collecting Unemployment for the last
14 months w/ all the extensions..So, for 2009 my only income came
from
New Jersey Unemployment and interest 1099-int's, and a brockerage
acct
composite w/ 1 stock trade. gain of 749.00
I got a 1099-g from NJ around 25K, and my 1099-int's. - Do I need to
file NJ?. My acct. sent me back my taxes with a note no need to file
NJ this year. So, I'm looking for someone that's been in this
situation or has knowldege on whether I need to send a 1040NR?? to
NJ..Not that I don't trust my acct. nevr led me wrong before, but
there is always that one guy that will plant a seed for me to have to
ask..

  • Re: A real tax question - NY resident collecting NJ Unemployment, weird situation
    ... Got laid off and have been collecting Unemployment for the last ... 14 months w/ all the extensions..So, for 2009 my only income came ... New Jersey Unemployment and interest 1099-int's, ... My acct. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • Re: Carole
    ... My heart is still beating, so that's a good thing :-) Every morning I wake up and say "Well, I'm still here so I guess I have to get up" :-)) My weight loss is not going well right now. ... My friend in Chicago is still unemployed, had to give up his home and move in with relatives. ... My best friend still has no job and is just temping and collecting unemployment. ... Starbucks laid off a lot of people at the corporate headquarters today, and whole company in Bellingham laid off all its employees. ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)