Workers' Comp --> earned income --> EIC?

It does take the place of wages. That's the whole point of disability
pay.

I work at 'Storefront' and have a client whose husband has been
receiving "Temp Total Disability" paid through a "Workman's
Compensation Claims Account." He also received a lump sum for back
wages paid by Social Security in December, and Soc Sec is now paying
about $700 a month. Whether his disability is total is now being
disputed. However, be that as it may, he did receive this money, and
can either of these count as earned income toward Earned Income
Credit? Thanks.

-Doug

  • Re: Workers Comp --> earned income --> EIC?
    ... receiving "Temp Total Disability" paid through a "Workman's ... Whether his disability is total is now being ... can either of these count as earned income toward Earned Income ... Social Security, definitely not. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • Re: Oh Baby, Its Cold Outside (and in) and a rant
    ... I'm still confused by the amount he's receiving. ... said that his brain cancer was not a disability. ... *with* his military retired pay). ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Wow
    ... CONGRATULATIONS ON RECEIVING DISABILITY!! ... I am glad your grandson is improving,I will keep him and family in my ... prayers. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)