Questions about the 1120-A

X-No-Archive:Yes

Hello.

I formed a corp last year (2005). I got my EIN and opted for a C-
Corp instead of an S corp.

I bought a prepaid cell phone which was for 100% business use only (it
is my corporate phone number, with proof in state filings). I bought a
sales book. I use my personal computer for work, but I don't want to
be re-imbursed for that.

I then answered an advertisment in 2005 seeking help creating software.
I answered the ad, and am creating the software based on speculation.
I own the rights to the software but I agreed to not sell it in the
potential client's area IF he decides to buy it when it is done.

Now in visiting the site a few times (in 2005) I incurred travel
expenses since the site was quite a distance.

So, I have the following expenses:
* prepaid minutes for the cell phone
* auto travel to the potential client site
* CD-Rs to burn cds

I have the following assets:
* a cell phone
* a sales book

Now, I also have a bunch of fees that I paid in 2005.
* corporate filing fee
* annual report fee
* Master license fee

I looked at the 1120-A. There is no place to write down the expenses
in the 1120. I would have thought that I could expense the pre-paid
minutes, the travel, and the CD-Rs. I suspect that these items must
be in the Cost of Goods calculation. Am I right?

Now I read that cell phones are listed property, so how do I deal
with my phone? I have significant proof that it is for business use
only since it is the phone number to contact my corp on various public
documents filed with the state. I can't Section 179 it since I have no
income for 2005. I think I must depreciate the cell. Also how do I
depreciate the book?

There is a place to deduct License fees in the 1120-A. So does that
mean I can deduct the corporate filing fee, annual report fee and
Master License fee?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out and point me in
the correct direction. Once my product is done and selling, I'll have
one of you CPAs do this, but until then I must do it myself.

Once again, thanks for the advice in advance, it is really appreciated
here!

  • cell phone reverse lookup reverse cell phone number lookup free reverse cell phone lookup
    ... cell phones disturbing others and also negating the purpose of visit ... 1761 reverse cell phone number lookup ... 83 cell lookup phone phone reverse ... 404 cell compare family phone plan ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Cell phones at sea
    ... I am a final year undergraduate student, studying Marine Navigation ... neophyte to think that he can safely substitute a cell phone for a VHF ... normal everyday cell phones are becoming much better for normal boat contacts. ... I carry my cell phone everywhere I go, ...
    (rec.boats)
  • >>>> CELL IMAGES <<<<
    ... background cell image table, background image in table cell, images of ... cells, photoshop cell phone image, image motorola free cell phone ... wallpaper, live blood cell analysis photos images, brain cell image, ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Two days of excellent boating!
    ... baptized two cell phones in the lake and I figured that was ... >>> concerning my 1st cell phone's baptizm. ... >> into the water while holding his cell. ... > I ran a cell phone through a wash cycle once and it survived. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: A1GP using helicopters to pluck wrecked/broken down cars off the track
    ... > While a cell phone may be registering with more than one cell, ... "digital" signals, is that a digital cell phone COMBINES several ... cameras can occur with the antenna. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.cart)