Dependant claimed without permission
- From: woodinc@xxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 14 Feb 2006 14:31:14 -0800
Two minor children are the parents of a baby born in Dec. 2005. Both
kids (parents) live at home and are dependants of their respective
parents. The mother's step-father has claimed the baby as a dependant
without either kid's knowledge. The kids (baby's parents) want the
paternal grandmother to claim the baby. Both families share custody
and there is no legal ruling on the issue. What can be done to put the
kids (baby's parents) in control with neither of them claiming the
baby as it would be costly for their parents to lose the either of them
as a deduction? This is a money issue and it is unlikely the
step-grandfather will amend his return willingly.
- Prev by Date: Re: trying to understand the "marriage penalty"
- Next by Date: Re: trying to understand the "marriage penalty"
- Previous by thread: trying to understand the "marriage penalty"
- Next by thread: Re: Dependant claimed without permission