Re: survival fishing

On Mar 15, 2:23 am, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:36:01 -0600, robert bowman <bow...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:

Blacks, somehow, could cook carp so it was edible. That's on my list of
things to learn.

Gefilte fish usually starts with carp, although a touch of starvation
makes it go down better. The slightly sweet version is particularly bad..

Never had gefilte fish although I've heard it ordered in Jewish
resturaunts.  Was too anxious for a pastrami &  corned beef on jewish rye.

Latin America, like Denmark, has an acid-cooked fish called civiche.
Usually a citric acid with herbs.  In Denmark it's pickled herring served
cold covered with diced onion.  Neither is heat-cooked.

I've never met a catfish I didn't like.  Except for the skinnin' part....

Bro, if I'd known you were a catfish lover I wouldn't have been so
hard on your about your climate transgressions.

  • Blacks Restaurant Gefilte
    ... In the fifties I used to eat at a small Jewish restaurant called Blacks ... Blacks served excellent food - their chopped fried gefilte fish was second ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Family SJIBUL in Copenhagen
    ... Can someone please point me in the right direction for research in Denmark. ... Around 1928 Sara immigrated to South Africa with Ida, ... We are trying to ascertain what happened to Ida's father Israel. ... on Jewish Genealogy ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: jews Outraged as Circumcision Issue Hits Denmark
    ... The anti-circumcision campaign in Denmark began already several years ago, ... the circumcision as mutilating the baby while he cries and bleeds. ... The Jewish community in Denmark issued a strong statement of protest against ... the Jews will have no choice but to pack their bags and leave, ...
    (soc.culture.israel)
  • Danish Jewish family connections
    ... or are currently Jews living in Denmark. ... more about the continuity or disruption of Danish Jewish families are ... MODERATOR NOTE: Look at the Scandanavia Special Interest Group on JewishGen ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: Gefilte Fish Is Scarce This Passover. Taste Buds Are Ambivalent.
    ... We bought store made from the local Whole Foods - very nice. ... I've eaten real gefilte fish, made by the stereotypical Jewish ...
    (rec.food.cooking)