Pelosi calls insurance companies "VILLAINS"
- From: "Pig Brick" <pigbrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:17:20 -0500
Pelosi lashes out against insurance companies
Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47am EDT
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday ramped up her criticism of insurance companies, accusing them of unethical behavior and working to kill a plan to create a new government-run health plan.
"It's almost immoral what they are doing," Pelosi said to reporters, referring to insurance companies. "Of course they've been immoral all along in how they have treated the people that they insure," she said, adding, "They are the villains. They have been part of the problem in a major way. They are doing everything in their power to stop a public option from happening."
- Prev by Date: Venezuela: 'Freedom of expression must be limited'
- Next by Date: Re: Dissent is Patriotic!!!! What should happen to the people accusing Obama of treason? Should they be hailed or rewarded?
- Previous by thread: Venezuela: 'Freedom of expression must be limited'
- Next by thread: Re: Pelosi calls insurance companies "VILLAINS"