Congress delivers blow to Bush's European missile project by slashing funding
- From: "Bob Brock" <bbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:09:08 -0400
George Bush's plans to establish a European missile defence system suffered
a big setback yesterday when a Congressional committee slashed the funding.
The House appropriations committee cut $139m (£69.5m) from the $310m the
Bush administration wants for preparatory work on the missile project in
Europe. It approved funds for a radar system in the Czech Republic but cut
the $139m Mr Bush requested to establish a missile interception system in
Poland, the most controversial part of the defence system.
- Prev by Date: In an Historic Vote, Congress Moves to Limit SPP Funding
- Next by Date: Re: Al Qaeda Torture
- Previous by thread: In an Historic Vote, Congress Moves to Limit SPP Funding
- Next by thread: Resident Of Taft CA Is On The Ball