Re: Post Peak Oil and Vehicle Choice?

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Pope Secola IV
<Supreme_Pontif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:12:00
-0700 in misc.survivalism :
Terry Collins wrote:
fudge wrote:

A one horsepower HORSE.

naah, I'd prefer a bullock. Sure it doesn't have the speed, but it has
almost no down time as it processes its feed as it walks and eats a
wider range of stuff than a horse can.
And slllooooowwww.

Hey, if he wants the equivalent of a farm tractor for transportation,
that's his privilege.

I'm bemused by all the folks who feel that a horse (or ox) will be
cheaper and more convenient than a car. Maybe, but they've never
considered that to take a horse someplace, even just a quick run to the
store, means "saddling up" on the way out, and then reversing the procedure
on the return. Whereas with a car, you fire it up, drive over, drive back,
park - and you are done.
And I don't have to feed it on the days I stay home, nor do I need to
muck out the parking place every day.

And if the car dies, I don't have buzzards circling the parking lot.

There are a lot of good reasons why cars became more and more popular,
as they grew to be more affordable and reliable.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
We now return you to something called reality.

  • Re: Cycling on Dual carriageways at night without decent lighting = inviting death
    ... lane, then I realised that this fuzzy white object was some small ... passed by him and no rear reflector. ... is nowhere that a horse or cow could get onto it either. ... discharge lights on the car which are very very bright and his ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • illegal packing acting tough?
    ... Another angle of this car Viewed: ... Seen here illegally parking. ... BCV8247 Taman Danau Desa, quite a regular offender, middle eastern guy ... BGP 3868 bandar baru klang park on walkway Viewed: ...
    (soc.culture.malaysia)
  • Re: Cycling on Dual carriageways at night without decent lighting = inviting death
    ... lane, then I realised that this fuzzy white object was some small ... passed by him and no rear reflector. ... is nowhere that a horse or cow could get onto it either. ... discharge lights on the car which are very very bright and his ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • "Around 10,000 cars in Britain in 1900"
    ... and he had bought his first motor car in 1899. ... This was still the age of the horse, and the Aero Club was to be ... Donington Trust road, at about the time when the old road ... land are included in highway districts. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: How four motorists took on CCTV parking spies hidden in cars - and won
    ... Many tickets were generated ... "Earlier this month the Mail reported that drivers are also being hit ... "The parking tickets generated by mobile CCTV cameras are equally ... the car CCTV car shown on the photograph could no secure evidence for ...
    (uk.legal)