Grinding Beans?

Would grinding my beans help at all in the time it takes to cook them?

I know, you have to soak them and / or cook them for hours or use a
pressure cooker normally.
But I was wondering if grinding them up like coffee would let me cook
them faster without soaking them or requiring a pressure cooker.

No, they would not look like beans afterward, but they would still have
there nutritional value and could be mixed with other things like rice
or used as a soup or bean paste.

I was watching a thing on TV regarding the perfect cup of coffee and
thought, Hmmm.

  • Re: Storing Coffee beans in freezer
    ... and i were having a discussion about storing coffee beans. ... stores them in the freezer, lets them come to room temp before ... you don't even need to let them warm up before grinding. ... of the beans will help offset the heat produced by grinding. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Some basic questions
    ... I am now purchasing whole bean coffee and grinding it myself. ... I have been grinding coffee as I need it and after some practice I'm ... putting it in a zip-loc sandwich bag and adding it to my next grind. ... Should I keep my beans in the freezer, refrig, or what? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Ground coffee is better than sliced!
    ... Dunno how much is the increased volume of beans I ... This is the first I hear about slicing coffee. ... Look at the slicing blades of any high speed "coffee grinder". ... reduction gears to slow the grinding surfaces like irt should. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Grinding Beans?
    ... Would grinding my beans help at all in the time it takes to cook them? ... Easier cooking as you don't have to watch the pot all the time. ... No, they would not look like beans afterward, but they would still have ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Storing Coffee beans in freezer
    ... >and i were having a discussion about storing coffee beans. ... you don't even need to let them warm up before grinding. ... of the beans will help offset the heat produced by grinding. ... I had assumed that since my coffee jars are always covered in condensation within seconds of removal from the freezer, that the same would happen to my beans if i opened the lid before they came up to room temperature. ...
    (alt.coffee)