Re: How do bin Laden & Co. rank as survivalists?
- From: "Jeffrey McCann" <NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:55:49 GMT
"BC" <callmebc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I know many of you aren't fond of me, even if you
> might grudgingly admit I make my points. But I was
> looking at the picture with this news story about
> bin Laden's 2nd-in-command, which had a pretty
> serious-looking pop-gun in the background,
> and I was struck by how if they weren't enemies of
> this country -- as well as bloodthirsty terrorists --
> they could almost be admired for their stubborn
> resilience in not just evading the world's last
> superpower (aided, of course, by a less than brilliant
> administration), but going so far as even threatening
> it as well.
> So in terms of their "survivalist" skills alone, how
> would you guys rank them? Curious minds would like to
They are "surviving" off of a very well funded and widespread international
network of supporters, and abetted or at least left intentionally unmolested
by national governments. That hardly qualifies them as survivalists in the
common sense used here.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Israeli Soldier Lynched; Sharon Apologizes; Rope Sales Go Through Roof
- Next by Date: Predicting China
- Previous by thread: Re: How do bin Laden & Co. rank as survivalists?
- Next by thread: Re: How do bin Laden & Co. rank as survivalists?