Vic Smith <vic9smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been told I can get rid of the raccoons tearing up my property by
sprinkling some Golden Malrin fly poison in a pie tin and then filling
the pie tin with Mountain Dew. Does anyone have an idea how much
Golden Malrin I should be using?

Can't help with the poison- but I will say that poison would be my
last choice for animal control. If you really need to thin the
raccoon population, I would recommend shooting as #1- live trapping as
#2- and I'd even use leg hold or conibear traps long before I'd set
out poison. [at any rate check to see what laws you might be
breaking with any of these methods]

Harborfreight has good sized live traps for about $22. Bait with
tuna or apples. Raccoons are easy to trap. If you get a barn cat or
the neighbor's pooch you can let it go- shoot or drown the coons and
possums.

Jim

  • Re: mouse infestation
    ... I was able to use traditional mousetraps to kill a lot of them, but then that petered out as the remaining ones seemed to keep to the walls more, and not bother with the traps, no matter what tempting morsels I might put in them. ... I'm wondering if our mice could be numerous because my sister, who lives on the other side of our duplex, is a packrat. ... I toss poison bait in the attic but use traps in the inside of the house. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Something in my ceiling
    ... around the first floor ceiling, ... traps and poison all over the cellar. ... He put some poison in the attic. ... he wanted to cut a hole in the living room wall and put a trap ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: OT: Eliminating Groundhogs
    ... is live trapping and relocation. ... Killing anything for sport is a waste of resources. ... Dumping poison down the hole can easily find it moving into your local ... live traps will wait patiently for your guests to come knocking. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Couldnt wait for Sunday brunch and other oddities.
    ... I poison rodents. ... Glue traps are an abomination and I'd like to see them outlawed. ... I have yet to meet a dog that eats dead rats. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Police on holiday too.
    ... blocked the holes and used humane traps to no effect. ... To have masses of mouse droppings all over your food and ... Do you thoroughly condemn Doug Bollen for these actions? ...
    (uk.transport)