"In Turnaround, Industries Seek U.S. Regulations"
- From: Ann <nntpmail@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:36:26 GMT
"After years of favoring the hands-off doctrine of the Bush
administration, some of the nation's biggest industries are pushing for
something they have long resisted: new federal regulations.
For toys and cars, antifreeze and fireworks, popcorn and produce and
cigarettes and light bulbs, among other products, industry groups or major
manufacturers are calling for federal health, safety and environmental
mandates. Some of those industries are abandoning years of efforts to
block such measures, often in alliance with the Bush administration, which
pledged to ease what it views as costly, unnecessary rules. ..."
- Prev by Date: Re: Straw around the house for winter?
- Next by Date: Re: Straw around the house for winter?
- Previous by thread: Re: O.J. Simpson, pillar of the community
- Next by thread: Re: ped ophiles -- do not commit suicide