- From: boden <boden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:53:27 -0500
My Generac 4000XL has stopped running. It has 50 hours on it. The engine (Generac's model 220) will start if I spray a bit of starting fluid around the air cleaner but then it stops running after about 30 sec to a minute (no load applied).
Tank has new gas in it.
I've taken the carburetor off and cleaned it by removing the plastic parts, spraying the remainder of the carburetor with carburetor cleaner and then blowing it out with compressed air. The are no adjustments on the carb other than idle speed and that seems to be ok during the short time it runs.
I've checked compression and see close to 90 psi (manual calls for at least 60 psi). The low oil pressure cut-off doesn't seem to be the problem because the oil pressure switch opens during the short time the engine is running.
I'm out of ideas. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated...winter's coming.
- Prev by Date: opinions/reviews of Universal (UTB) tractors?
- Next by Date: Re: Gerator problem
- Previous by thread: opinions/reviews of Universal (UTB) tractors?
- Next by thread: Re: Gerator problem