Re: Prepare to freeze to death this winter

Bob Yates <bob099@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> me@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> You've never been in constant pain have you? Trust
>> me... there is not much you can do except TRY and
>> sleep.
>>
>> But the point I'm making is that "things" happen to
>> people that totally flip flop their whole lives upside
>> down.... and not for the better.
>>
>> And no one is exempt from this possibility
>
> Try 20+ years with a injured back, broke two vertabre in
> '84, no trouble getting high power pain killers from any
> doctor I have seen. Found that I do not like the effects
> of any psycho active agent. Learned to live without them,
> still have pain, but it does not have me. Did regain ful
> use of lower parts. Able to lift and carry about 200 lbs
> of attractive females with pleasurable effort. Life is good
> for those that live, assisted sucide is good for those that
> refuse to live.

i concur. i broke 2 lower vertabrae when i was 12 (1966). i
have floating bone chips from that. in 96, i was in a car
accident & tore the muscles from the same 2 vertebrae.
pain can be managed with mindset. i told the docs after the
car accident i'd be rollerblading in 6 months... i did, too!
then i had a baby.

lee
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery

  • My last 5 years
    ... After this the pain became so ... Living Facility where I lived for three ... had prescription MJ that I smoked out in my car at night in the ... Unfortunately he lives in Utah ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: My last 5 years
    ... Ditto everyone else posting here GG, there's more nightmare stories than ... After this the pain became so ... Living Facility where I lived for three ... Unfortunately he lives in Utah ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • A message to Cindy Sheehan
    ... I realize how tragic your loss is and I know how much pain there is crushing your heart and I know the darkness that suddenly came to wrap your life and wipe away your dreams and I do feel the heat of your tears that won't dry until you find the answers to your question; why you lost your loved one? ... Even while I'm writing these words to you there are feelings of fear, stress, and sadness that interrupt our lives all the time but in spite of all that I'm sticking hard to hope which if I didn't have I would have died years ago. ... We practiced our freedom first by kicking and burning the statues and portraits of the hateful idol who stole 35 years from the life of a nation. ... God bless his free soul and God bless the souls of his comrades who are fighting evil. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Thoughts on health care reform?
    ... island, which is actually quite large, but only has a total population ... someone that lives on the ... Prescriptions: I've never had any problem obtaining any of the ... I was on methadone for pain when I moved ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: My last 5 years
    ... let people know you take pain medication on a regular basis. ... Living Facility where I lived for three ... had prescription MJ that I smoked out in my car at night in the ... Unfortunately he lives in Utah ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)