Los Angeles city sued over marijuana shop ban
- From: JAB <here@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:44:08 -0500
A US medicinal marijuana trade group is suing the city of Los Angeles
to try to stop it from enforcing a ban that would close hundreds of
The Patient Care Alliance Los Angeles (PCA-LA) says users are
protected by California's 1996 legalisation of medicinal marijuana.
The LA city council last month passed a law to ban the dispensaries.
It said the use of the drug was spiralling out of control, leading to
an increase in crime in the city.
- Prev by Date: *** Riot jail terms condemned as 'disproportionate'
- Next by Date: Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years
- Previous by thread: *** Riot jail terms condemned as 'disproportionate'
- Next by thread: Re: Los Angeles city sued over marijuana shop ban