Re: Senate Passes Historic Food-Safety Reform

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 06:11:00 -0600, Rick <nomail@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:45:48 -0800, OldSalt wrote:

The U.S. Senate has approved the first major food-safety legislation in
more than 70 years, by a 73-to-25 vote.

Like the healthcare bill, this thing is an absolute mess.

The only complaints I hear about it, is it has no real teeth
to it.

  • Re: Senate Passes Historic Food-Safety Reform
    ... On 12/1/2010 6:11 AM, Rick wrote: ... more than 70 years, by a 73-to-25 vote. ... this thing is an absolute mess. ... the healthcare bill has right wing fingerprints all over it. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: DeMint promises to delay health bill, force Christmas Eve vote
    ... DeMint promises to delay health bill, force Christmas Eve vote ... Reid is just as adamant about passing the healthcare bill before ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Louisiana: ULL professor sues for discrimination
    ... posted by Paul J Gans ... Your complaints will, of course, be ignored. ... casting of a meaningless vote in a corrupt electoral process. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Question about President Bush
    ... >>>Someone please tell me why I should vote in an election that's totally ... > Oh you mean the voting machines encrypted ballots or system audit logs, ... > of operatives with the power to tap into the networked machines and thus ... Allegations and complaints do not equal confirmed proof of tampering. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Talk like Violet Elizabeth Bott Day
    ... why should she not have the right to let her beliefs inform her opinions? ... doing the Will of God, so are above any such things as proof, or democracy. ... If you are referring to the complaints about the Jerry Springer thing, Far smaller numbers of complaints, both in total numbers and in proportion of total audience, have lead to far greater hand-wringer and heads rolling from the broadcaster. ... given was to vote for one or other of the politicians. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)