The Beckoning

Glenn Beck has gone off the deep end.

He is holding a "non-political" rally to "restore honor." Yeah,
right.

He chose the anniversary day of MLKs, "I have a Dream," speech, and
it is at the same location; but he didn't realize it... Okeydokey.

Of course, FOX is distancing themselves from all of this, except
that it gets reported by them regularly.
<http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,600268,00.html>

Oh, did I say it was non-political? You Betcha! Sarah Palin is a
featured part of the rally. Also featured are Dr. Alveda King, an
anti-abortionist, and member of the Alexis de Toqueville Institutuion,
a Conservative think tank, and Marcus Luttrell, a former Navy Seal.

Then again the great entrepreneur is going to donate all the money,
sort of, to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation .

...."The purchase of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is not a
donation to SOWF, but all net proceeds from the sale of Restoring
Honor Rally merchandise is being donated to the Special Operations
Warrior Foundation."

Sounds good so far...

"All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation
(SOWF) will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally
taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these
costs will then be retained by the SOWF. Tax ID 52-1183585."

Ah, so it is proceeds minus expenses. That is what "net" means.

I wonder what hotel he, and his staff are staying at. I'm thinking
the balance sheet might be amusing.

OK, OK, My bad. It is all apolitical, and no grandstanding for
Beck. He is just trying to raise money for those injured in battle.

Hey, it could happen!
--

Cheers! :)
.