Re: Uhh, is he not the President of the United States ??

On 4/26/2010 10:01 AM, WaIIy wrote:

The Democratic National Committee this morning released this clip of the
president rallying the troops, if rather coolly, for 2010. Obama's
express goal: "reconnecting" with the voters who voted for the first
time in 2008, but who may not plan to vote in the lower-profile
Congressional elections this year.

Obama speaks with unusual demographic frankness about his coalition in
his appeal to "young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who
powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

Turning out those so-called "surge" voters -- who turned out for the
first time to back Obama, but who sat out gubernatorial races in New
Jersey and Virginia last year -- has become the Democrats' central
pre-occupation for the midterm elections, and the new Democratic effort
to nationalize the election around Obama and his agenda mark an attempt
to energize those voters.

BTW, why are all those admin people commenting on law in Arizona?

Probably because it's unconstitutional. Time will tell.

  • Re: To paraphrase Michelle Obama ...
    ... I figure about 13% of the NC voting population voted for Obama. ... North Carolina State Board of Elections ... I referred to total eligible voters. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: OT A personal view
    ... Just looking at the 2004 and 2008 elections. ... The black turnout was 2% ... so Obama got ~3.5M more votes this election than ... I have no doubt that there were some black voters who turned out and voted ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)
  • Zimbabwe Election Watch Issue 5: 29 August 2007
    ... This issue of Zimbabwe Election Watch provides a perspective of the ... the Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum says 2007 is on course to be ... registered them as urban voters. ... Attacks and the harassment of journalists are common ahead of elections. ...
    (soc.culture.zimbabwe)
  • Re: Obama now leads McCain by 52 percent to 43 percent
    ... than 6 voters for every Republican. ... Turmoil in the financial industry and growing pessimism about the economy ... Barack Obama the first clear lead of the general-election campaign over ... Republican John McCain, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News ...
    (alt.politics.bush)