Re: A WHOVIAN PUZZLE!
- From: chatnoir <wolfbat359a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 19, 5:45 pm, "David W. Hodgins" <dwhodg...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:04:54 -0400, chatnoir <wolfbat3...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Knights and Knaves
A very special island is inhabited only by knights and knaves.
Knights always tell the truth, and knaves always lie.
You meet two inhabitants: Zoey and Mel. Zoey tells you that Mel is a
knave. Mel says, `Neither Zoey nor I are knaves.'
Can you determine who is a knight and who is a knave
What is the logic?
Zoey is the knight, Mel is the knave.
Zoey's statement, if true means Mel is lying.
Zoey's statement, if false means that Zoey is lying.
Therefore at least one of them must be lying.
Mels statement, if true means both are telling the truth,
but given Zoey's statement, this cannot be true, so Mel
must be the knave, while, Zoey must be the knight.
Regards, Dave Hodgins
Thankyou on that! The logic is finally revealed to my mind!
- Prev by Date: Re: Republicans for economic crashes unite!
- Next by Date: Re: Concealed carry in Arizona
- Previous by thread: Re: A WHOVIAN PUZZLE!
- Next by thread: Re: A WHOVIAN PUZZLE!