Re: Republicans for economic crashes unite!

On 4/21/2010 5:12 PM, Buzz wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:46:31 -0400, Dave K<dave.k@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:41:11 -0400, Buzz<buzzard99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Considering that it was the democrats that prevented meaningful
legislation from getting passed in '05 that would have in all
liklihood, stopped the entire meltdown, I hardly see supporting them
to suddenly be intelligent enough to draft anything that will help
anyone but themselves and their fatcat rich friends.

It would truly be letting the inmates run the asylum.

I think that now that the country finally understands the *change you
can believe in*, it's a safe bet that efforts to stop any thing
they're trying will be supported.

I find it fascinating that you really believe that. It is a pretty
ignorant way of looking at things especially when you consider that it
was the Republicans, with Reagan deregulation efforts, and the
Republican majority in congress during the Clinton years, that removed
most of the protections and safeguards from the financial system.

Amazing!

And I find it even more amazing that you are so blinded by your
uuber-leftist ideology that you can't see other things except what
you've been told to believe.

Here, I'll try to make it simpletonish enough for you to understand.

Fannie and Freddie were guaranteeing home loans after the CRA and
other initiatives forced banks to relax their standards

As usual, Buzz just makes some shit up.

http://www.lisc.org/content/article/detail/7675

http://washingtonindependent.com/34376/battling-the-cra-myth

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/02/16/feds-duke-community-reinvestment-act-not-to-blame-for-crisis/tab/article/

(you know - in
the name of yoru sacred *fairness*). So, banks were making bad loans
at the government's direction that the government was guaranteeing.

Yes, George W. Bush's American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003 mandated banks to make zero down loans.

I realize that one who so loves a central, powerful government like
you do probably can't handle the idea of *your* leaders being at
fault, but if you get your ideological head out of your ideological
Keever, you might just graduate to a 2 watt bulb.

Says the guy who spews nothing but lies and crap.
.