Re: Understanding Evolution: History, Theory, Evidence, and Implications
- From: old.salt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 02:56:53 -0800
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:26:00 -0800 (PST), chatnoir
The fool doesn't know what he is talking about. From
The concept of God in Christianity is not the Jewish concept of God.
The God of the Hebrews was a God that embodied both good and bad. He
was the creator of both strife and blessing. The Christian concept of
God, on the other hand, is a combination of the Platonic god concept
and the Zoroastrian God.
7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and
creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.
- The Torah/Old Testament
While the quote is true, he misunderstands it, or refuses to
add the rest which changes things. For one, God was talking to Cyrus
who was NOT a Jew or even a believer in the Jewish God. He was a
Pagan the military leader of the Medes and Persians who were going to
destroy Babylon, but God was going to help him so he would be God's
tool to set the Jews free.
We're in a war dammit. We're going to have
to offend somebody. - John Adams
- Prev by Date: Re: How gullible and paranoid was the Bush Administration? = Very much so!
- Next by Date: Re: Senate Healthcare bill is not worthy - Rep. Slaughter (NY - D)
- Previous by thread: Understanding Evolution: History, Theory, Evidence, and Implications
- Next by thread: Re: Understanding Evolution: History, Theory, Evidence, and Implications