Re: Understanding Evolution: History, Theory, Evidence, and Implications

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:26:00 -0800 (PST), chatnoir
<wolfbat359a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/understanding_evolution.htm

Bullshit.

The fool doesn't know what he is talking about. From
the site:

The concept of God in Christianity is not the Jewish concept of God.
The God of the Hebrews was a God that embodied both good and bad. He
was the creator of both strife and blessing. The Christian concept of
God, on the other hand, is a combination of the Platonic god concept
and the Zoroastrian God.

Isaiah 45:
7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and
creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.
- The Torah/Old Testament

While the quote is true, he misunderstands it, or refuses to
add the rest which changes things. For one, God was talking to Cyrus
who was NOT a Jew or even a believer in the Jewish God. He was a
Pagan the military leader of the Medes and Persians who were going to
destroy Babylon, but God was going to help him so he would be God's
tool to set the Jews free.
--
We're in a war dammit. We're going to have
to offend somebody. - John Adams

  • Re: "And God said, Let us make man in our IMAGE, after our LIKENESS:" Gen 1:26 was [Meaning of Holy
    ... That atheists may have arrived at their belief from another, for example yourself by doubting Christianity, is not really at issue; ... What is at issue is the logical coherence of that world-view when it is logically and consistently worked through. ... It cannot account for the regularity of the universe, it cannot account for personality, nor minds that can genuinely enter into rational discourse. ... The flat rejection of a beautifully coherent explanation, in favour of unnatural work-around's and denials is actually a symptom of the human condition, the rejection of God because we love our autonomy. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • The Problem With Liberalism
    ... Christianity and liberal politics were opposed. ... unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me"- ... "God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in ... Should Christians be political liberals? ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • The Problem With Liberalism
    ... Christianity and liberal politics were opposed. ... unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me"- ... "God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in ... Should Christians be political liberals? ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: Atheists are the biggest fools on Earth
    ... Christians don't get to decide what Christianity is. ... saved, go to Heaven, and be made right with God. ... Cargo cult science. ... Given that you get to interpret the dream and the outcome, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • The Cynics Defence of God - 2
    ... of serving God outweighed the costs, ... Christianity is divided into Catholic, ... which is validated by the testimony of history. ... Sceptics try to evade the significance of Bible prophecy by claiming ...
    (uk.religion.christian)