We're Saved!

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1929071_1929070_1948974,00.html?cnn=yes

We have a "framework" and a "foundation". And "transparency" and
"targets", "potential" and "pledges".

But...there are still some lying SOB's out there that don't believe
Copenhagen was an overwhelming success:

Many countries are already irritated that they were left out of the
last-minute negotiations. "This is a declaration that small and poor
countries don't matter, that international civil society doesn't
matter, and that serious limits on carbon don't matter," said Bill
McKibben, the head of the environmental activist group 350.org. "The
President has wrecked the U.N., and he's wrecked the possibility of a
tough plan to control global warming."

Didn't Mr. McKibben see that we achieved a framework, foundation,
transparency, targets, potential and pledges?

Oh sure, almost immediately there was harsh condemnation. In a hastily
called press conference on the steps of the media center, Lumumba
Stanislaus Di-Aping, Sudan's U.N. Ambassador and the head of the G-77
negotiating bloc of developing countries, lambasted the agreement and
vowed to fight it. "The deal remains just an idea," he said. "Obama
acting the way he did definitely established that there's no
difference between him and the Bush tradition."

But they're just more lying, right-wing, racists.

Saved at last, saved at last, thank God almighty, saved at last!
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
www.wizardofdraws.com

  • Re: Were Saved!
    ... Many countries are already irritated that they were left out of the ... matter, and that serious limits on carbon don't matter," said Bill ... But they're just more lying, right-wing, racists. ... Oboob and company say it's in the bag but the Europeans say nothing is ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Were Saved!
    ... Many countries are already irritated that they were left out of the ... matter, and that serious limits on carbon don't matter," said Bill ... the head of the environmental activist group 350.org. ... But they're just more lying, right-wing, racists. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Anyone have an old DT10 line they want to get rid of?
    ... Looking for a DT10 floating that I want to cut for a head. ... has one lying around email me. ... Condition doesn't matter. ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)
  • Is the Queen a citizen?
    ... Is she a citizen of all the countries in which she is head of state? ... For that matter, is she even a British citizen. ... She doesn't hold a passport and Prince Philip has passport number 1. ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: States with mercenaries
    ... stats that you say were way off, ... countries across the world include lots of countries with a free press ... lying about facts. ... It isn't obvious to most Americans that the American health care system ...
    (soc.history.medieval)