Re: Thanks obama

WaIIy wrote:

The dollar slumped to a 14-year low point against the yen on Thursday,
prompting fears that a further surge could hurt a fragile recovery in
Japan, the world's second largest economy.

Gold scored yet another record high, breaching 1,195 dollars an ounce as
the US currency waned.

Yep - thanks, republicans! Phil Gramm's subprime deregulation and W's American Dream Downpayment act continue their work after imploding on W's watch.

Sorry pubbies, your little crisis hit a little early for this blame game. =)

  • Re: Thanks obama
    ... prompting fears that a further surge could hurt a fragile recovery in ... Japan, the world's second largest economy. ... Gold scored yet another record high, breaching 1,195 dollars an ounce as ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • In Japan, a lonesome bridge offers U.S. a lesson
    ... Japan: The Hamada Marine Bridge soars majestic over this small ... spending have showered this city of 61,000 mostly graying residents ... to spend more than $820 billion to stimulate the sagging U.S. economy, ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • "Aging Japanese pose societal, economic shift"
    ... Japan -- Tsuneko Hariki is 84 and looks it. ... aging society can sustain a top-flight economy. ... Japanese women live the longest lives in the ...
    (soc.culture.japan)
  • Re: Any of You Still Not Get It?
    ... Yeah, it's the end of the world as we know it for sure. ... Gold has a 7000 year history backing up its use in ... Yeah, I think the economy would not be much worse for the wear if we had a massive consumer default: same net effect, and if EVERYBODY'S defaulting on mortgages/credit cards, there'll be a heckuva time repossessing everygoddamn thing. ... but look at Japan in the 90's: ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • OT - Obama is No Hatoyama
    ... A New Path for Japan ... globalism and leaving everything up to the dictates of the market. ... The size of China’s economy will surpass that of Japan ... and medium-sized nations in Asia. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)