Re: More than 2T tons of ice melted in artic since '03

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:20:04 GMT, Dave Head <rally2xs@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:14:33 -0800, old.salt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - More than 2 trillion tons of land ice in Greenland,
Antarctica and Alaska have melted since 2003, according to new NASA
satellite data that show the latest signs of what scientists say is
global warming.

_Some_ scientists say this...

And it's funny, my workplace is right beside the Potomac River, which is
navigable all the way to the sea, and I don't seem to need high-top boots to
get in the door. Place is still dry? Sooo... geee... where's this big ocean
rise, eh?

And some people read the whole thing before foolishness:

Melting of land ice, unlike sea ice, increases sea levels very
slightly. In the 1990s, Greenland didn't add to world sea level rise;
now that island is adding about half a millimeter of sea level rise a
year, NASA ice scientist Jay Zwally said in a telephone interview from
the conference.

Between Greenland, Antarctica and Alaska, melting land ice has raised
global sea levels about one-fifth of an inch in the past five years,
Luthcke said. Sea levels also rise from water expanding as it warms.
--
I hope you like my photos at www.myspace.com/osalt
If you would like to buy one, e-mail me, prints up