Re: at the end of the last day, only the Sony running Ubuntu was left standing.
- From: "Rick B." <existentialsailor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:00:03 -0500
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:29:35 -0700, Gerry Ford wrote:
"Rick B." <existentialsailor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:22:11 +0000, Dave K wrote:I installed ubuntu a couple months back. It couldn't figure out my
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:05:35 -0500, "Rick B."and-
A contest to compromise the security of computers. Ubuntu (Linux) won.
This may also be of interest to you...
modem, which is the world's most popular.
What's more, it took down the modem in my primary windows installation.
=> wipe disk clean, start over. Ubuntu takes its rightful place in the
stack of linux disks I don't use.
Most of the guides recommend trying Ubuntu on a "Live" CD. This way you
change nothing on your current system and are able to see if your
hardware is supported. Granted, it runs slower that way. I have read
quite a bit about dial up modems not getting much support. Never tried
myself. Wireless is another weak spot, but quickly being addressed.
Ubuntu is ready for the desktop, but many laptops will not be entirely
supported. Many folks have simply installed the windows driver for the
hardware unsupported by the current version of Ubuntu and that has solved
their problem. That's how I run my ATI video card.
Rick B. Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness
- Prev by Date: Re: Missing NY rev. found at Ohio strip club
- Next by Date: Re: Sacrificing Children on the Altar of Parentsí Fanatical Faith
- Previous by thread: Re: at the end of the last day, only the Sony running Ubuntu was left standing.
- Next by thread: Re: Made in China