This group might go bye bye.
- From: old.salt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:59:01 -0700
Taken from another NG:
I got contacted by Tim Skirvin, who, as some of you might know, is the
current chairman of the Big 8 UseNet Board. It seems that UseNet as a
free communication medium is a thorn in the side of too many
dictatorial regimes and even the RIAA who increasingly have been
targeting the Big 8 board members with judiciary procedures, with
rather large attorney fees and loss of time being incurred by the
board members as a result. Therefore they are forced to abandon the
principle of non-moderated newsgroups and as a first step are now
contacting all 1200+ high traffic newsgroups by asking them to approve
a RFC to make their ng moderated.
In other words : they're telling us that unless we go moderated,
they're closing us down. And to pick a moderator who runs the risk of
getting sued by China et al.
More info : http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/moderated-ng-faq/ and
Any ideas folks ? or any volunteers for that moderator job ?
If you like my photos at www.myspace.com/osalt feel free to buy them.
- Prev by Date: Re: Missing NY rev. found at Ohio strip club
- Next by Date: Re: Missing NY rev. found at Ohio strip club
- Previous by thread: another repug crook on his way out
- Next by thread: Re: This group might go bye bye.