Re: Ubuntu Stuff was Re: fed policy

"vince" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:liFqj.562186$kj1.53120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:17:48 -0600, "Rick B."
<existentialsailor@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What do you use with Stunnel? I use Pan and was
planning on using that with it unless you can recommend something better.

I use Agent and Dialog (under WINE) with stunnel4. Seems to me I've used
slrn with stunnel4, too, but am not currently using slrn.

Just took a quick look at pan .132 and am surprised there's not an option
for SSL. Would've expected that to be included in a *nix newsreader.

I don't have any recommendations on a *nix nntp client. Find one that
works with you - not against you - and use it, or several. My main
newsreader is still Agent, an old version of Agent, at that. It does
everything I need. It's biggest failing is the limited news filters.
Agent just can't keep out the spam and sporge that's ona dramatic increase
these days.

Would stunnel have something to do with installing a linmodem?

--
Gerry Ford

"The apple was really a peach."
-- Allison Dunn on the garden of eden

  • Re: Ubuntu Stuff was Re: fed policy
    ... planning on using that with it unless you can recommend something better. ... I use Agent and Dialog with stunnel4. ... Would've expected that to be included in a *nix newsreader. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Ubuntu Stuff was Re: fed policy
    ... I use Agent and Dialog with stunnel4. ... used slrn with stunnel4, too, but am not currently using slrn. ... Created a new server in Pan for localhost ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Incorporation of a UK Limited (secretary wanted)
    ... Checklist of documents that you will need the incorporation agent to provide for you: ... These are the documents that the incorporation agent will manage for your if you appoint them to serve as secretary to your company. ... To act as a secretary to your company, I recommend that you develop a good relationship with the agent before committing yourself to using his services. ... Your agent will want assurance that you have taken the proper tax advice and have the necessary documentation to protect the agent from the aggressive tax authority of the UK. ...
    (uk.business.accountancy)
  • Re: Incorporation of a UK Limited (secretary wanted)
    ... These are the documents that the incorporation agent will manage for your if you appoint them to serve as secretary to your company. ... To act as a secretary to your company, I recommend that you develop a good relationship with the agent before committing yourself to using his services. ... Your agent will want assurance that you have taken the proper tax advice and have the necessary documentation to protect the agent from the aggressive tax authority of the UK. ... But HMRC reverse the right to make the law up as they go along, so will seek to tax your German profits for a second time. ...
    (uk.business.accountancy)
  • Re: Write In Style & Snag An Agent
    ... don't work exactly like any other agent, so I don't always fit neatly ... We recommend Bobbie, of course, but we also recommend ... Communications has agreed to provide free feedback in return for sending ... something quite valuable from an experienced editor, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)