Re: Illegal Immigrants and the Economy

trudogg wrote:
On 19 Apr 2006 13:41:48 -0700, "f. barnes" <fredlb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

...there is no way to seal the border. Anything mentioned to date has
been either way to expensive or unworkable
The border can be sealed. Yes it will be expensive, but it's more
expensive not to seal it. Just a wall won't do, however, it will also
require deployment of the military along the border, at least for a
while, and a few dead bodies. Every nation has a right to protect its
borders. And once they found out we were deadly serious, and we will
have to be to stop them, not so many would try it.

...it sounds like you are advocating the shooting of unarmed
immigrants. We have a right to protect our borders, but not murder
unarmed, essentially non-violent illegals.

I would not advocate killing unarmed immigrants too, but tell me, would you consider killing armed immigrants? After all, that's the flip side of unarmed. <g>

It may seem harsh. It is harsh. But there's no other way for this
nation to survive. Otherwise, as the population of Latin America
continues rising, their excess people will continue heading north
indefinitely. Europe has the same decision to make as do we --- become
harsh, or go under.

...we do need to get harsher in how we deal with this situation. But
what you describe is off the wall.

  • Bushs Smoke and Mirrors at the Border
    ... Bush's Smoke and Mirrors at the Border ... President Bush enlisted the National Guard to fight for the ... to engage in every activity except catching illegal immigrants. ... Border Patrol had caught and released 130,000 non-Mexican illegals ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • nbc It only takes 19 illegals with boxcutters ....nbc
    ... In fiscal 2005, 160,000 non-Mexican illegal aliens have been arrested ... In fiscal 2004, 54,261 non-Mexican illegals failed to attend their ... Security fears grow at Southwest border ... the country, has deteriorated as undocumented, non-Mexican immigrants ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • nbc Kudos on the fence nbc
    ... House Votes for 698 Miles of Fences on Mexico Border ... toughen a border security bill by requiring the Department of Homeland ... The unusual revolt highlighted the schism within the Republican Party ... church leaders and advocates for immigrants. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: OT: Immigrant Day Off - Can we have more please?
    ... illegals from and through Canada don't compare in numbers ... Bust shows gaps in U.S.-Canada border ... An infrared image shows what authorities say are immigrants getting into a ... human-smuggling ring that was running illegal immigrants into the United ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Immigration Bill
    ... Divided House passes stringent immigration bill ... border security bill that builds new fences and detains more illegal ... far-reaching consequences for American businesses and immigrants alike. ...
    (soc.retirement)