Walmart Plans to Add Up to 25,000 Jobs
- From: "FYIS.org" <Danl_K@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:49:13 -0400
April 5, 2006, 08:27 AM EDT
Wall-Mart says it wants to create between 15,000 and 25,000 jobs in areas
that need them. To that end, the world's largest retailer plans to build
stores in the next two years in neighborhoods with high crime or
unemployment rates, on sites that are environmentally contaminated, or in
vacant buildings or malls.
According to the company, many of the jobs will be in minority communities
and could generate more than 100 million dollars in state and local tax
revenue. Wal-Mart already employs more than 1.3 million people in the US.
The chain's critics are dismissing the new program as a publicity stunt.
OT: Fwiw, to those who use them, I've found that Wal-Mart has the best Rx
prices around, even compared to online drugstore.com. A pharmacist at their
store near me told me that this store sells rxs near cost to drive more
traffic into the store.
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles
- Prev by Date: Re: Math and JJ
- Next by Date: Re: Homeland Deputy Arrested in Seduction Case
- Previous by thread: Re: Math and JJ
- Next by thread: Re: Walmart Plans to Add Up to 25,000 Jobs