Re: My death sentence

On 6/5/12 3:52 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
A friend sent me this.... I am 76.

And of course you bought it all. Too bad health insurance reform can't cure your ignorance. The entire article posted is a hoax. Go here:

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/04/death-panels-redux/

Subject: Here is our death sentence
The bill says 75 now but what is to keep them from changing it to 65 or
something else?
This is affecting every one of us regardless of age. We better pray hard
that the Supreme
Court will overturn this thing!!!!

Here's Your Death Sentence....DO READ THIS!

I had one of the most troubling, most disturbing conversations ever with
Dr. Suzanne Allen, head of emergency services at the Johnson City
Medical Center in Tennessee. We were discussing the "future" and I asked
her had she seen any affects of Obama Care in her work?

"Oh, yes. We are seeing cutbacks throughout the services we provide. For
example, we are now having to deal with patients who would normally receive
dialysis can no longer be accepted. In the past, there was always
automatic approval under Medicare for anyone who needed dialysis -- not
anymore."
So, what will be their outcome? "They will die soon without dialysis,"
she stated.

What about other services? She indicated as of 2013 (after the
election), no one over 75 will be given major medical procedures unless
approved by locally administered Ethics Panels. These Panels will
determine whether a patient receives medical treatment or not. While
details on specific operating procedures and schedules, Dr. Allen points
out that most life-threatening emergencies do not occur during normal
hospital business hours, and if there are emergencies that depend to be
resolve within minutes or just few hours, the likelihood of getting
these Panel's approval in time
to save a life are going to be very challenging and difficult, if not
impossible she said.

This applies to major operations such as receiving stents, bypass
surgery, kidney operations, or treating for an aneurysm that would be
normally covered under Medicare today. In other words, if you needed a
life-saving operation, Medi care will not provide coverage anymore after
2013 if you are 75 or over.
When in 2013? "We haven't been given a specific date -- could be in
January or July....but it's after the election."

This is shocking to any of us who will be 75 this year. Her advice --
get healthy and stay healthy. We do not know the specifics of the actual
implementation of the full Obama Care policies and procedures -- "they
haven't filtered down to the local level yet. But we are already seeing
severe cuts in what we provide to the elderly -- we refused dialysis to
an individual who was 78 just the other day....we refused to give stents
to a gentleman who was in his late 80s."
Every day, she said, we are seeing these cutbacks aimed at reducing care
across the board for anyone who is over 75. We can only hope that Obama
Care will be overturned by the Supreme Court -- otherwise, this is a
death sentence to those who are over 75....
Perhaps you should pass this on to your friends who are thinking of
voting for Obama this year.
Regardless if you have private health care coverage now (I have Aetna
Medicare Part B) -- it will no longer apply after 2013 if the Ethics
Panels disapprove of a procedure that may save your life.
Scary, scary, scary. Think about this? You? Your parents? Your loved ones?

Didn't know about it? Of course, not. As Nancy Pelosi said...."well, if
you want to know what's in the bill, you'll have to read it....." After
it was passed.

This is a graphic reminder of the need to stay healthy. Get your plot
now at Forest Lawn....while they last. Is this a death sentence to those
of us who will reach 75?.....Yes!

  • Re: Desertphile Update
    ... The first bill (paid by Medicare) was a little more than $400,000 -- ... Can the essential, intrinsic cost of hospital care, even good hospital ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Desertphile Update
    ... The first bill (paid by Medicare) was a little more than $400,000 -- ... Can the essential, intrinsic cost of hospital care, even good hospital ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Desertphile Update
    ... The first bill (paid by Medicare) was a little more than $400,000 -- ... Can the essential, intrinsic cost of hospital care, even good hospital ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: OT? That lying....
    ... Live healthy ... Bush to Propose Curbing Growth in Medicare Cost ... health care providers by billions of dollars over the next five years. ... The president's 2007 budget also calls for a freeze in Medicare payments ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Desertphile Update
    ... The first bill (paid by Medicare) was a little more than $400,000 -- ... Can the essential, intrinsic cost of hospital care, even good hospital ... By claiming costs of $400,000 and a receipt of only $50,000 Stanford can ...
    (talk.origins)