Re: Will witness extortion
- From: "Macuser" <spamisaluncheon@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:58:49 GMT
All she has to do is sign the affidavit and have her signature notarized
then return it to me. I included a SASE along with the affidavit and
certified copy of the will. Basically, it's "I'll sign it for $100."
Sorry if I didn't make this clear. I'm pretty annoyed.
"Deadrat" <a@xxxxx> wrote in message news:5i3Yi.1579$852.793@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Macuser" <spamisaluncheon@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
My mother's estate is in probate, and I received a response from one
of the witnesses. She wants $100 as a witness fee. Is this allowed? It
seems like extortion to me. I have a proof of receipt card and a
letter demanding the cash. What gives?
What do you want this person to do? If her nonexpert testimony is required
for probate, then isn't it the probate court that would require her
- Prev by Date: Re: Will witness extortion
- Next by Date: Re: Need legal advice, probable cause
- Previous by thread: Re: Will witness extortion
- Next by thread: Re: Will witness extortion