Re: My image has been used without permission...

I guess I'm just wondering what the end result would be if I sued...
The publisher said I should go ahead and sue him if I had money to
blow, b/c I would never be awarded any monetary damages. At best, he
said I could get them to take me off any future printings.

I'm not "sue happy," I just can't believe he backed up such
irresponsible action by being a total jerk. Would suing be worth my
while? I don't know that I can prove I suffered from it's publication,
it's a flattering picture. I'm just upset that it is being used to
sell books without my consent.

Kent Wills wrote:

First let me point out that I am not an attorney. If anyone
who is contradicts anything I write, go with their comments over mine.

You can sue the publisher if you want. The publisher is the
one selling the book with your picture on the cover. And the
publisher should have verified that there was a release for the
photograph.

--
Kent
If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

  • Re: Changing multiple identical text boxes at the same time in Pub
    ... moment and try to make sure that I get the layout spot on before copying too ... > Sue, The reason for no answers is there is no answer. ... > The only way to adjust your text boxes is manually. ... > Word, you can setup the text boxes in Publisher, create a text box on the first page, ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Test driver looking for work
    ... Beeb can't sue to prevent the publishers publishing, ... CAN sue Collins for breach of the contract, ... claim damages which are related to the profits that Collins makes? ... I believe they attempted to sue the publisher on the basis of ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: False accusation ruins lives
    ... The LAX attorneys said they would bring civil suits if her book came out. ... If she hasn't anything to sue ... maybe they're waiting to see if it sells ... Their only job would be to make enough money to pay themselves by suing her, her publisher, Nifong, the stores that sell her trash, the ink manufacturers, whoever made the paper it was published on... ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: My image has been used without permission...
    ... The publisher said that it will not be going into a second printing, ... I wouldn't sue the photographer b/c I don't think anything was done ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: False accusation ruins lives
    ... The LAX attorneys said they would bring civil suits if her book came out. ... If she hasn't anything to sue ... maybe they're waiting to see if it sells ... her, her publisher, Nifong, the stores ...
    (alt.true-crime)