Cam's expert credible

It looks like Cam's expert did a decent job as did as Hayes so it would
appear that this case could still be tough to call. However the rest
of the evidence is not character assasination as Geragos contends. 3
independent witnesses said Brown was in the lead, not Lauren.
Multiple witnesses testified that Cam's daughter was upset to spend
time with him. I expect Cam will call character witnesses to say
otherwise but still. Multiple witnesses testified Cam was in debt up
to his eyeballs and Geragos was unable to refute this. Most
significantly it's not just the police who testified that Cam behaved
bizzarely after Lauren's death, which the defense could correctly argue
are too biased to take their testimony at face value. The 911 tape
itself shows quite clearly Cam was not acting like a grieving father.
This case is still too close to call and the defense is off to a good
start, but it appears to me the prosecution put on a good case and even
if the jurors decide that the experts are a wash they could use the
other evidence to tip the scales for a guilty verdict. If I had to
predict I would call it 60 percent for conviction, 40 percent for
acquittal on the strength of Yamaguchi and the witnesses Geragos will
present testifying that he and his daughter had a loving relationship.

  • Stalker-Boy Kaldis Strikes Again; Admits Geragos Expert is Worthless (was Re: Trial begins for f
    ... What if Hayes could testify that he was using the low end of the scale? ... One might ask the same question about Geragos' expert, ... It is obvious that Cam could have thrown Lauren off the cliff without falling himself, and the Third Law would tend to make his own demise even less likely. ... Putting your hands out in an attempt to cushion a fall is instinctive, and there would be no other situation in which you would expect her to put that kind of pressure on that bone. ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re:Re: Stalker-Boy Kaldis Strikes Again; Admits Geragos Expert is Worthless (was Re: Trial begin
    ... By that standard, Mark Geragos should not be practicing law, insomuch as he has handled so many high-profile cases so badly. ... What if Hayes could testify that he was using the low end of the scale? ... After all, given that the resultant delay meant that Cam was incarcerated for five more months, you can't assert that the need wasn't critical. ... This means that Lauren must have hit the upper part of the cliff, which narrows our options considerably: If Lauren slid down the hill, she shouldn't attain the speed required to inflict the injuries. ...
    (misc.legal)
  • It was NOVEMBER!!
    ... The best they can do is try and refute the injuries as being ... So, defense theories aside, I believe that Cameron has One chance, and one ... any conviction of Cam would not be subject to ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: Re:Re: Stalker-Boy Kaldis Strikes Again; Admits Geragos Expert is Worthless (was Re: Trial b
    ... By that standard, Mark Geragos should not be practicing law, insomuch ... > I can tell you that it isn't wise to listen to Ken Smith. ... given that the resultant delay meant that Cam ... shouldn't attain the speed required to inflict the injuries. ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: What Did You Watch? 2009-12-10 (Thursday)
    ... They celebrate Christmas by blowing up Santa Claus. ... Why didn't somebody just ask Cam if she wanted to go to Hawai'i?? ... to be an exotic vacation in Hawaii away from family and home. ... The daughter never included Cam in the trip, the "I can only get a few ...
    (rec.arts.tv)