Re: VC 12500(A)

<raghu293@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154107025.222663.185910@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello All,

I need some advice on what needs to be done.

I moved to LA in May. I am a graduate student from University of
Illinois, Chicago and am currently on my training period. I had gotten
a short term project in LA (2-3 months) and moved here in mid May.

I bought a car in LA and was still holding on to my IL license since I
was moving back to IL in the next few months. I had a permanent offer
around June end from a company in Madison, WI. I was pulled over on
July 3rd in LA for speeding and the cop gave me a ticket for driving
with IL license despite me explaining that I was moving to Madison in
less than a month's time and that my stay here was temporary and that I
am a graduate student from Chicago. He still cited that I was not
authorised to drive in CA since my license was not from the same. My
car is registered to CA.

I am moving to Madison this weekend and am going to register my car
with the local DMV there and am also going to get a WI DL. I am guilty
for the speeding chrages but is there anything that I can do regarding
this misdemeanor the cop has cites.

What are the normal penalties towards this kind of violation. The other
thing is I had personally requested the clark at the court If I can
have the court date before I leave and he was adamant on the fact that
I have to show up onyl on the date they gave me. This means that I
would have to take leave on the second of joining work.'

Option one: show up in court on the trial date and explain to the judge, and
maybe the judge will dismiss the license charge. Option two: pay the fines
by mail before the trial date.

This answer must not be relied on as legal advice for the reasons posted
here: http://mcgyverdisclaimer.blogspot.com

McGyver

  • Re: VC 12500(A)
    ... I bought a car in LA and was still holding on to my IL license since I ... around June end from a company in Madison, ... am a graduate student from Chicago. ... thing is I had personally requested the clark at the court If I can ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... The issue is that the manufacturer has a license to ... Court cases that deal with copyright holders trying to enforce terms ... Inc. v. Wyse Technology and fifth circuit ... If the EULA invalid then that just means you lose the right to make copies ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why did Michelle Obama lose her law license?
    ... license back in 1993? ... court action against Michelle forcing her to give up her ... license and is not allowed to practice law in Illinois, ... "Court ordered" is a LIE It was a LIE in 2008, it was a LIE in 2010, ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Gun Buy Outs
    ... Out of state permits don't count. ... Illinois, a driver's license issued by Wisconsin valid in Arizona, ... warrants issued by an Ohio court enforceable in Texas -- so why isn't ... in another state because warrants are judicial acts. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Artistic License (license to steal?) - Open Source copyrights
    ... Be afraid, if you code for money, with this recent ruling on Artistic ... license' in it, ... See yesterday's court decision in the USA on artistic licenses ... Open-source pact subject to copyrights law - court ...