Re: city ordinance

<bfryhover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154398323.707432.277100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

I have contracted with a company to build a pool for me. They
submitted for a permit with the city (in AZ) and it was sent back
denied. The city informed the contractor the pool equipment (filter &
pump) needs to be setback 5' min from the property line.

I have obtained a copy of the city ordinace they refer to, it states:

"The pool and all structures housing appurtenances thereto shall be not
less than five (5) feet from the nearest property line except, however,
that such pool or structure shall not be located between the front
property line and the front building setback line."

My interpretation is that the setback applies to the pool and any
"structure" that houses the equipment (filter & pump) and not the
filter/pump itself.

Am I correct in my interpretation ?

As a side note the filter and pump will be mounted on a small concrete
pad but no enclosure/structure will be built around or over.

Thank you in advance.

I could see where they would a filter/pump as a "Structure".
Could you not relocate it so it would meet the requirements?

  • city ordinance
    ... I have contracted with a company to build a pool for me. ... The city informed the contractor the pool equipment (filter & ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Swimming pool filter questions
    ... green water that was once my swimming pool (24' diameter, 48" deep, ... I was anxious to crank up the new pool filter & clear ... and the filter ran all day. ... My new pool filter is a cartridge filter, a Hayward Star Clear, 175 sf ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Swimming pool filter questions
    ... I put in 5 ounces, ran the filter all day, and saw ... I'm now about 8 doses into this clarifier business; ... The pool is still about as cloudy as when I ... A 12,000 gallon pool isn't all that little, of course it's not a 30,000 ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • A series of minor rants
    ... Busy busy busy around here. ... I went and checked the filter and THE SECOND GUY put the filter in wrong again. ... On top of THAT...we could probably stay cool by hopping in the pool, and I was really looking forward to spending a lot of time in it over the weekend. ... Told them I think I have algae, he says all my chemical levels are spot on perfect and he detects no algae in the water -- that if there had been algae, it's all dead now, just vacuum it up and go on, which I did. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: A series of minor rants
    ... Worse still...I called an A/C repair company to come do an annual ... the filter, ... I noticed some "sediment" at the bottom of the pool, ...  Told them I think I have algae, ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)