Re: Feeding formula to toddler

Rosalie B. wrote:
Ericka Kammerer <eek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the most likely explanation is simply that
they didn't want their kids filling up on milk (or other
drinks) and not eating their meals.

I don't think there was any anxiety back then about children filling
up on milk. Rather I think that would have been desirable. I never
heard anything about that when I was a kid, nor did anyone that I knew
when I was raising my own kids raise that as a problem, although we
were supposed to give iron supplements. I didn't hear that children
shouldn't fill up on milk until after my children were grown and I
came here to the forums.

Not to deny your personal experience, but it certainly
isn't an entirely recent phenomenon. My grandmother had a
bugaboo about that sort of thing that went back to her childhood.
It might just not have been something relevant to your family.
It was important to eat your food, clean your plate, etc. Fill
up on milk and you might not do that.

Best wishes,
Ericka

  • Re: breakfast on the go
    ... > around other kids. ... > milk it would make a sufficient breakfast although lacking in protein. ... the cup of milk is sufficient protein. ... I'd stay clear of the granola if the kids are young because I'd worry ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Advice for Fred
    ... Oldest grandson pretty much lived on milk and bananas when I had him for ... I remember when my grandparents came to take care of us once while my ... Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. ... Kids don't care if they are dirty or not. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: $506
    ... You have to pay to register your kids? ... gets registered Thursday for grade school ... When I was in high school, $100 would have bought me lunch for 250 days. ... or 2,000 half-pints of chocolate milk. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: School Breakfasts (and lunches)
    ... that gets lunch from a private place pay $2.50 I think. ... I'm admittedly a picky person though - lots of kids do eat the stuff. ... Italian Dunker, mandarin oranges, celery sticks, chocolate krispy square, strawberry or white milk ... Cold Sub, sun chips, grapes, baby carrots, pickles, chocolate or white milk. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: $506
    ... or 2,000 half-pints of chocolate milk. ... We also had a salad bar that cost the same, but it was a pretty decent ... High school lunch was awesome. ... kids away for almost a week for only $21? ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)