death

What do you tell a 6 yo who's worried people around him are going to die?
My dad was telling DS how old he is today and how he is going to die. He's
67 yo and healthy. His immediate family members lived into their 90's in
mostly third world conditions. I expect he has a longetivity gene, though
that's not something we can guaranty. Knock wood. Both he and my mom are
always talking about how they're going to die soon. (My mom has been doing
that for more than 25 years.)

Anyway, this whole talk of age and death made DS a bit upset. When DH
asked where I was, he told him he didn't know, maybe I was dead. I asked
him why he talks of death and killing and dying like that and he told me he
didn't want Grandpa to die and started to cry.

DH is a non-practicing Catholic. I'm agnostic. I didn't explain heaven
and angels or afterlife, but I wouldn't mind bringing it up if it would
soothe him.

  • DN Born to Die 12/26/2007
    ... death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He ... Jesus Christ was born to die as our substitute. ... Thank the Lord for His willingness to humble Himself to become a man ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • DN Born to Die 12/26/2005
    ... death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He ... Jesus Christ was born to die as our substitute. ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Re: Worst case scenario
    ... >good or a good thing to recommend to a child. ... As for Cedric's death, he was portrayed as being somewhat older, ... He definitely wasn't close to Harry. ... introduced the concept that a younger person CAN die ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Steven Jobs last words.
    ... You See Before You Die" by David Kessler. ... Since death is inevitable, I don't want to spoil the ending, ... against the metal strip, pushed the strip against the conduit ... I was hit with about 30KV a few times fixing friends TV's when I was ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Lennons prophecies of his death
    ... die, means little now...but might look interesting after I die. ... of a gun owner for shooting something or someone to death as a doo wop ... The tone of the song is pretty sunny, but the context in english is ... where did you get that gun?. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)