Re: choosing a car

deja.blues wrote:

Minivans are dreadful to drive. I've driven quite a few , and they are dogs - hard to handle, slow, bog down on curves, poor visibility. They're convenient and easy to load passengers in ( not cargo, as much, minivans tend to sacrifice cargo space for passenger space), but for someone used to a sportier car, like a Passat, they are torture.

It depends on which one you get. There are many different
ones out there, and they drive differently. They're never going
to handle quite as well as a little, sporty car, but some are
quite acceptable.

I drive a Saturn wagon now, but when my kids were little I had a Volvo wagon with a third seat.

However, you cannot use the rear facing seat for
carseats.

Best wishes,
Ericka
.