Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school

toypup wrote:
"Nan" <dontbotherme@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
According to Nimue, her kids are as poor as they can get. When she talks to
them, they change their clothes to more appropriate attire. She has not
stated that it has ever been a problem when she talks to her students. She
is upset with the dress code and sending kids home to change. I do think
there is the hypothetical kid for whom money is so tight that the kids
cannot afford any clothes. My own dad had literally two shirts to wear: one
to wear one to wash. When that is the problem, it can be brought to the
attention of the school and they can help deal with it. I don't think the
whole school is having that problem, or else Nimue wouldn't be able to get
her kids to change.

I recall working at a camp counselor one summer at a camp for
underprivalged kids. Most of the kids had a reasonable number of
clothes, but one little girl arrived with two outifts (the one on her
back and one in a bag). Both were pretty sad looking by the end of the
month-long camp session. (I don't remember what the laundry set-up
was.)

Naomi

  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... According to Nimue, her kids are as poor as they can get. ... they change their clothes to more appropriate attire. ... I recall working at a camp counselor one summer at a camp for ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: AMC --- Things I Love About Wednesdays Show
    ... >>> Please do not remove the spoiler space. ... >> only one suitcase??? ... > at shelters with only the clothes on their backs, ... It is common for little kids to arrive there in PJ's, ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: Help ... a little funny - a little ranty ... [long]
    ... yup right over their clean clothes that are on the ... floor that should of been put away. ... they don't know how to wash clothes yet, what a great time to learn. ... I've got the grass to cut, 'kids' paper-route to ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: AMC --- Things I Love About Wednesdays Show
    ... >> Please do not remove the spoiler space. ... > Greenlee Smyth DuPres Lavery EVER leave town forever with only one suitcase??? ... shelters with only the clothes on their backs, ... Most shelters need donations of good used kids' clothes, ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: Child Protection - long, sorry!
    ... I started laughing at her and said my kids get fed twice a day a large can split up between and they are not wearing any clothes. ... I put my son in a harness on a clothes line, there was a big hog lot 100 feet from our house. ... let him do the forgiving on some things. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)