Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school

In article <qiLIg.20229$rI5.9277@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, nimue says...

The problem with the dress code is that kids in perfectly respectable
outfits are sent home. In fact, it's usually the girls who are sent home,
at least in my school. I have argued with deans that tell me that a young
girl in a tank top and a jean skirt that stops just above the knee should be
sent home because she is violating dress code. I tell them it's hot; we
have no air conditioning, and this kid is going to miss her first period
English exam. It makes me sick.

And whose problem is that? She can't stock up on a few light cotton short
sleeve tops for school? The dress code is distributed to all students, right?
(In our district, the parents have to sign it so there are no plaintive excuses
about unseen policies).

Banty

  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... something that conformed to the school rules. ... spend the money rich and middle-class kids can. ... can shop at Old Navy to look cute, she can conform to the dress code. ... school -- because someone thinks their outfit violates the dress code. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... If they don't want to follow rules, they can go to school for kids ... And what of the students that cannot afford the clothing you ... dress code, but just in general. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... It's not more expensive to find clothing that meets ... Most kids want to be in school. ... dress code, but just in general. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... The problem with the dress code is that kids in perfectly ... at least in my school. ... our kids are Title 1 kids -- poor. ... "Illegal outfit." ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: 128 students suspended at Ind. school
    ... The dress code materialized in the ... For the Morton High School ... For large school districts, like NYC, it is not practical to have one dress ... our kids are Title 1 kids -- poor. ...
    (misc.kids)