Re: Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?
- From: "shinypenny" <shinypenny0001@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 10 Aug 2006 12:49:38 -0700
My wife thinks it's ok and says the girl is trustworthy and needs
privacy to do her homework.
I think kids shouldn't have a machine in their room for many reasons.
Obviosly there is the issue of the dangers of the internet, but, beyond
that, I think it will result in less family time/more seclusion. I can
see the girl being holed up in her room 24 hours a day. Also, there are
3 younger children who will want to use it who will of course claim "it
What do you think?
Read this NY Times article "Through His Webcam, a Boy Joins a Sordid
Online World" about a 13 year old boy who's mom had no idea what he was
doing with the computer in his bedroom:
Safety rule #1 for parents is never allow your children to have a
computer hooked up to the internet in their room.
In our house, the computer is smack-dab in the center of everything so
we can monitor what the girls are doing at all times.
- Prev by Date: Re: Prime example of why I hate other parents...
- Next by Date: Re: How to make a 3 year old understand
- Previous by thread: Re: Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?
- Next by thread: Re: Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?