Re: Introducing your newborn baby to your dog
- From: "L." <gentleboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Aug 2006 22:59:04 -0700
Catherine Woodgold wrote:
Perhaps it's never entirely safe to leave a baby or
small child with a dog.
There is no "perhaps" about it. A child should never be left alone
with any dog until they are able to respect the boundries of the
animal, and even then, it depends on the animal. In *most* cases I
would not leave a child alone with a dog, if the child is under the age
of about 10-12.
As the child grows, as soon
as possible it's probably safest to ensure that the
dog understands that the child is dominant over the
That's old-school ideology about dominance and submission. Domestic
dogs behave quite differently - dominance and submission are
- Prev by Date: Re: Activities for Kids - chocolate fun!
- Next by Date: Re: Bedwetting and Hygene: my daughter's recent problem
- Previous by thread: Re: Introducing your newborn baby to your dog
- Next by thread: How do I wean baby from last two feedings ?? !