Montessori question

I was reading about the Montessori philosophy and while it all made a
lot of sense, I didn't understand why they avoid praising a child when
it successfully completes an exercise. Can anyone explain this? Thanks!

  • Re: reading
    ... >> of reading INSTRUCTION called Phonics and Whole-Word? ... >> As other people have commented, there is not much evidence that phonics is ... > And if a child who has recently learned to read is called ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: The 9-year-old wants to read Lovecraft.
    ... of any sense of boundaries or appropriate behavior for a small child. ... I've worked hard to put the kid back together ... didn't have the time to give to reading more. ... teenagers enthusiastic about the opportunity to read old science ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Homework for a 5 year old - how much involvement needed.
    ... >> have a better way of approaching reading. ... I do talk to the teachers ... >problematic for my child. ... I feel that professional educators probably know a bit more ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: OT Bi polar
    ... Re: Re: OT Bi polar ... As a child with one of these gets older, ... It may start with having a radio on while reading to tr ... guarded in having a diagnosis and treatment for a mental illness ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Dr. Rosemond on reading aloud to toddlers
    ... In your book on 2-year-olds, you recommend reading to a child from ... I recommend that parents read to children from an early age. ...
    (rec.arts.books.childrens)