Re: teaching preschoolers piano, or other musical instrument

> I can't imagine what would be limiting about
> learning to read multiple clefs when you learned to read
> music.

Seconded. I learned on piano first. Learning to read solo alto lines
well enough to play in ensemble was a pain after lots of experience
with solo treble lines, but I'm convinced that my early experience with
piano is the reason why I'm the only violinist in my symphony who can
also sightread the viola part without going home, sitting down, and
transcribing the thing...

--
C, mama to 2.75 year old nursling

  • Re: Too late to learn?
    ... A friend of mine traded a brand new set of golf clubs to learn jazz ... wanting to learn how to play jazz. ... Learning Piano Music The Easy Way! ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: Digital Music Mentor-
    ... I grew up studying "traditional" piano. ... It wasn't until I started playing bass that I realized a) you can learn the ... circumvent the learning process almost completely. ... They give you the music and you learn how to play it. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Learning piano?
    ... learning jazz chords and scales in all keys. ... I'll speak to the piano side of things, mostly, ... When you learn a chord on ... the guitar (assuming no open strings are ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Learning piano?
    ... learning jazz chords and scales in all keys. ... book which I have and quite like but it'd be too hard to learn piano ... voicings with appropriate scales in all 12 keys. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • opinions on stage piano for learning on.
    ... theory, I've recently purchased an M-Audio prokeys 88SX (stage piano, ... semi weighted keys) for the purpose of learning piano. ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)